Who should be tested for prediabetes and diabetes?
You should be tested for diabetes if you are one of the followings
- Overweight and over age 45
- Overweight, under age 45 and have one of more additional risk factors such as:
- High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol.
- A family history of diabetes.
- African-American, Asian-American, Latino/Hispanic-American, Native American or Pacific Islander descent.
- A history of gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy) or delivering a baby over 9 lbs ) 4.09 Kg).